|Employment Opportunities as of 4/25/17
Direct Support Professionals (DSP)
provide services to children and adults with developmental disabilities that help them live happy, healthy and fulfilling lives. Depending on the needs of our consumers, Direct Support Professionals provide assistance with living skills development, health maintenance and medication administration, personal care and behavioral development.
Gail B. Hanks Home
PT 2nd Shift every Other Weekend
FT 3rd weekends
1st shift 5am - 9:30am
PT 3rd E/O weekends
FT 2nd Shift Lead
PT Every Other Weekend 7am - 7pm
FT 2nd Every Other Weekend (Sat - Sun)
PT 2nd Shift Every Other weekend (Fri - Sun
PT 1st 6a - 9am weekdays
Shift Lead weekends Fri-Sun
PT 2nd Shift Every other Weekend
PT 2nd shift E/O weekend Fri 2-9pm - Sat - Sun 9am-9pm (2 Positions)
PT E/O weekends 9am-9pm
PT E/O weekends Sat - Sun 9am-9pm (3 Positions)
Date Posted 4/25/17
A High School
Diploma or GED and a driver license valid for use in NC and
with a good driving record are required. Related experience and
education are preferred.
Prospective employees are asked to provide information relating to
their education, employment history, driving record (including proof of
a Driver License valid for use in NC), and a medical statement. Offers
of employment are conditional upon the verification of background
information and passing a drug screening.
Direct Support Professionals work in a number of settings including Group Homes (small residential homes that serve up to 6 people), Day Programs (living skills and pre-employment training), Home and Community Based Services (in-home care and supports) and Vocational Rehabilitation (job training and job placement).
Apply in person 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
2211 Executive Street,
A printable application can also be downloaded at
Program Coordinator for Ravendale
The position of Program Coordinator is a professional position providing coordination of and instruction in habilitative programs.
The Program Coordinator is expected be self-directed and self motivated to improve his/her knowledge of autism and/or MR, communication, teaching and management skills.
The Program Coordinator is a member of the Interdisciplinary Teams which evaluates, provides services for, and monitors progress of the residents.
The Program Coordinator is also a member of the Management Team and works under the clinicial direct supervision of the QIDP and adminstratively under the direction of the Director of Residental Services.
As a Program Coordinator you will be responsible for conducting interviews, selecting, and training of new employees, monitoring and evaluating employee performance and reviewing staff schedules and ensuring that appropriate staff/resident ratios are met. You will be assisting with resident training and supervision daily and as needed.
The Program Coordinator's schedule is primarily weekdays, afternoon and evening hours: however, some early morning and weekend hours are necessary.
Date Posted 4/16/17
Program Coordinators are required to have a High School diploma or equivalent with 2 years management experience or a baccalaureate degree in Human Services plus 1 year management experience. A valid driver license with 3 years proven driving experience is required.
The flexible benefits plan for FT employees include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, 401K, PTO, vacation and Holiday pay.
Apply in person 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
2211 Executive Street,
A printable application can also be downloaded at
||Director of Development
Location: Charlotte Corporate Office
Description of Work:
In partnership with the President, the Development Director (DD) is responsible for all fundraising and development activities, including marketing and public relations, through management of the Development Team. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships and nurture current ones to build UMAR’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The DD also will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
The DD will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to supplement and grow UMAR’s operating budget through the solicitation of major and planned gifts, grants, special events, support from faith-based communities and utilization of volunteers.
The DD will expand and diversify UMAR’s donor base and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the DD will work closely with the board of trustees, supporting them as they take on a more active fundraising role.
It is expected that the amount raised by UMAR will increase in future years as the DD systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
Date Posted 4/11/17
|Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree required, master's degree a plus. Must have 5 or more years of fundraising experience. |
Salary & Benefits:
Negotiable dependent upon credentials and experience. Full benefits package (Health Insurance, Dental & Vision, Section 125 pretax health savings account offered to all employees. 403(b) retirement, PTO, Short term disability, Long Term Disability Merit-based bonuses, mileage reimbursement, life insurance, EAP, tuition reimbursement program.
| APPLICANTS MAY EMAIL, FAX, OR MAIL IN THEIR RESUMES TO UMAR ATTN: John Weatherford.
PLEASE VISIT our WEBSITE http://www.umarinfo.com TO VIEW ALL OF UMAR’S CAREERS. APPLICANTS CAN ALSO FILL OUT THEIR APPLICATONS ONLINE ON THE CAREER TAB ON THE WEB SITE.
Or Mail to 5350 77 Center Drive, Suite 201
Charlotte, NC 28217
704-274-2835 Confidential Fax
or email resumes email@example.com
• 2 Positions :
Piedmont Area Posting Dates: 01/03/2017 – 02/02/2017
Charlotte, NC Posting Dates: 01/30/2017 – 02/10/2017
Easterseals UCP is seeking a strong leader with well-developed interpersonal and social skills to work as a part of our IDD Program focused on supporting individuals with Developmental Disabilities by maximizing their potential for living, learning and working in their communities.
• Provides service recipient with a comprehensive continuum of care by planning, coordinating, integrating and monitoring services. Ensures initial and ongoing coordination and oversight of assessment activities.
• Coordinates initial and ongoing development and implementation of the person centered plan.
• Continuously assists in the assessment of functioning, as well as the appropriateness of resources being utilized.
• Provides service recipient with support and advocacy on behalf of individual preferences and goals.
• Serves as a liaison between the service recipient and their family and various community and private agencies involved in the care and education of the person served.
• Coordinates regular service planning meetings with the service recipient to facilitate service delivery and evaluate the effectiveness of the service plan toward meeting goals.
• Maintains continuity of service delivery by completing/submitting necessary documentation, linking, and coordinating utilization management between providers, MCO’s, and other community stakeholders, etc. as appropriate.
• Assists service recipient to develop critical daily living and coping skills.
• Provides clinical supervision, interventions, and oversight to the direct care- paraprofessional/associate professional staff according to Easter Seals UCP NC & VA, state and federal guidelines.
• Documents clinical supervision and service provision according to Easter Seals UCP NC & VA, state and federal guidelines.
• Reviews and signs off on all required documentation to ensure local, state, federal and Agency requirements are met.
• Promotes team and employee interaction and communication.
• Supports ICS Program Director with management of program budgets by ensuring necessary authorizations are in place before supports begin or continue, ensuring that direct care paraprofessionals/associate professionals are working appropriately scheduled hours.
• Coordinates the scheduling of Direct Care paraprofessionals/associate professionals providing supports.
• Works with individuals and family to develop schedule for appropriate services.
• Anticipates needs and responds to schedule changes, taking the appropriate action to avoid problems with staff.
• When on call, Coordinators will be available for emergencies related to individuals we support.
Date Posted 1/27/17
|Licensed Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
A degree from a four year college or university, accredited by an entity approved by USDOE or CHEA, in human service field.
• A minimum of two years of documented experience working with individuals with the population served after completion of four year degree; must meet standards to be certified as a Qualified Developmental Disability Professional.
• A valid, unrestricted North Carolina/equivalent driver’s license, good driving record and possess current, unrestricted auto insurance.
• MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE WRITING PLANS.
| To apply:
Name: Elizabeth Hill
Title: Program Director
||Administrative Assistant- Based in Charlotte
The Arc of NC seeks a candidate who is a motivated team player, flexible, creative, hardworking, and organized. Must have excellent problem solving and communication skills. Candidate should also be able to multi-task, prioritize their work, track details/data and execute all tasks with high level of professionalism.
The Arc of NC is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the work of the Director of Program Operations and other program staff in multiple locations. The Administrative Assistant will perform a wide range of duties including: assistance with administration of electronic health record system, maintaining on-line training program for all employees, preparing reports and other documents, and other general office administrative tasks.
Date Posted 12/6/16
|Experience Requirements: Candidate must have professional administrative experience, preferably in the human service field. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), as well as the use of general office equipment. Experience with database entry or Electronic Health Record required.
||Deadline: December 14, 2016 and send resume to Liz Boltz at firstname.lastname@example.org
||Direct Support Professional
Part-time employee and contractor positions providing services for individuals with developmental disabilities in Mecklenburg, Cabarrus & Union County.
Schedule: Please visit the InReach website www.inreachnc.org for specific details on each position.
Date Posted 2/25/17
18 years of age or older, High School diploma or GED, valid driver’s license, and acceptable driving and criminal record
||Apply in person 8:30am-4:30pm or Mail to:
4530 Park Rd., Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28209.
A printable application can also be downloaded at inreachnc.org.